The following excerpt is courtesy of Tom Wetherell. Most of his extensive citations have been edited out for use here. Our thanks to Tom for his efforts and permission to post this. |
Descendants of Reverend William Wetherell
Generation No. 2
Samuel2 Wetherell (William1) was born Bef. December 7, 1628 in Maidstone, Kent, England, and died 1683 in Scituate, Plymouth Colony. He married Isabel(le) ??? 1677 in Scituate, Plymouth Colony. She died March 31, 1689 in Scituate, Plymouth, Massachusetts.
Notes for Samuel Wetherell:
He accompanied his parents on the ship Hercules that sailed from England in 1634/5. res. Scituate, Plymouth Colony. March 6, 1676/7 he served on a jury to investigate the death of Joseph Ellis, who was judged to have died by drowning. Samuel was admitted as freeman of Scituate May 29, 1670 along with his father.
witnessed the will of John Hewes of Scituate dated Feb 6, 1671 as found in MD 34:112 "Plymouth Colony Wills & Inventories
Children of Samuel Wetherell and Isabel(le) ??? are:
- Samuel II3 Wetherell, born October 10, 1678 in Scituate, Plymouth; died Aft. 1720 in Pembroke, Massachussetts. He married Eunice Rogers May 26, 1698 in Marshfield, Massachussetts; born Bef. October 2, 1677 in Marshfield, Massachusetts.
- Theophilus Wetherell, born Bef. 1680. He married Anna Davis June 21, 1724 in Barnstable, Massachusetts; born April 5, 1702 in Barnstable, Massachusetts.
- Hannah Wetherell, born April 29, 1680 in Scituate, Massachusetts. She married Ichabod King May 8, 1701 in Scituate, Massachusetts; born October 1680 in Middleborough, Massachusetts.
- Sarah Wetherell, born Bef. December 4, 1681 in Scituate, Massachusetts.
- Joshua Wetherell, born June 6, 1683 in Scituate, Plymouth; died December 23, 1773 in Salem, Massachusetts. He married Dinah Ingalls August 15, 1715 in Salem, Massachusetts; born February 24, 1693/94 in Salem, Massachusetts; died in Salem, Massachusetts.
Back to Our Mayflower Heritage
Back to Home