History and Genealogy of the
Gov. John Webster Family of Connecticut
By William Holcomb Webster &
Rev. Melville Reuben Webster
Rochester, New York
E. R. Andrews Printing Company
Abia6 Webster (Elijah5 John4, Captain John3, Thomas2, John1), b. at Lebanon, Ct., Jany. 9, 1765, mar. in Jany., 1783, Jonathan Watrous, of Hebron, Ct., who was b. in 1758. The name Watrous was formerly spelled Waterhouse. She. died at Gilead, Ct.,March 9, 1835, aged 70 years; and he at Somers, Ct, Sept 23, 1841, aged 83
CHILDREN: (Watrous) (All probably b. at Hebron, Ct.)
- Rhoda, Nov. 24, 1783; mar. Thomas Webster, b. Feb. 14, 1789, son of Thomas and Susanna (Skinner) Webster, of Bolton, Ct.
- Polly, March 29, 1786; mar. George Darling, a farmer, of Bolton, Ct. Both died at Milan, Erie Co., Ohio. He prior to 1872.
- Morgan, Aug. 11, 1788; mar. Dec. 6, 1818, Mary Mallory. He died in New York State, March 9, 1865.
- Dudley, Oct. 3, 1790; mar. Prudence Nichols. They resided at Glastonbury, Ct. He died Aug. 11, 1867; and she at an earlier date.
- Ichabod Brewster, Feb. 7, 1793; mar. Phebe Freemen, of Glastonbury, Ct. He died at Gilead, Ct., Aug. 21, 1862. She was living in 1884.
- Jonathan Bissell, Sept. 28, 1795; mar. June 8, 1820, Matilda Moore. He died at Salem, Wayne Co., Pa., in Nov., 1880. She was living in 1884, in Pa.
- Abia Maria, March 17, 1798; mar. Horace Babcock. They resided at Hebron, Ct. She died April 7, 1835.
- Elijah Abel, Sept. 28, 1800; mar. Prudence Scovill, of Bolton, Ct., where they resided. He died at Bristol, Ct., Dec. 23, 1883. She died in 1881.
- Hubbard, Aug. 6, 1803, died Feb. 5, 1806;
- Hubbard Judson, April 26, 1808. The children mar. as follows: Thankful Maria Houghton, of Hebron, Ct. He died April 28, 1861. She was living in 1884. They bad four sons and one daughter. of whom two sons and the daughter were living in 1872. The daughter, Amanda, mar. Philander Leek, of Hartford, Ct. The end.
Back to Home